MapleStory Fishing Lagoon | Fishing on MapleStory | Fishing Lagoon Revamp
Do you like to fish? Do you know that on MapleStory, there is a fishing lagoon? Are you having any questions on MapleStory Fishing Lagoon?
MapleStory Pre-Big Bang Patch revamped the fishing system on MapleStory, Unlike previous fishing lagoon which gives fishes only, new fishing Lagoon on MapleStory is now giving new rewards such as chairs, experience points,mesos,ores,equipments and fishes. So why not trying out the new fishing lagoon in MapleStory
You can access to the fishing lagoon in the free market and also a fishing rod to start to fish.
You can enter your choice of Fishing Lagoon map via the Rainbow Fish portal located at the far right of the Free Market (just below NPC Frederick and Scrooge).
Here is a great guide on fishing: MapleStory Fishing Lagoon
How to fish on MapleStory?
1) Go to Cash Shop. Buy Penguin or Kitty Fishing Assistant (Optional: Buy Fishing Bait Can)
2) Enter Fishing Lagoon via the Rainbow Fish portal located at the far right of the Free Market
3) Buy/exchange baits with NPC Beryl at far right of Fishing Lagoon
4) Open Cash Inventory and double click on Fishing Assistant Coupon
5) Fishing Assistant will be deployed and will immediately start fishing, leaving you free to go anywhere in the game
6) Fishing will continue as long as you’re logged into the game and there’s sufficient baits available in your USE Inventory
7) There’ll be a brief announcement on the bottom right screen every 30 seconds or so regarding your catch
Basically, players fish mostly to gain experience. This is especially relevant to high level players (4th jobbers). Each hour of fishing with Supreme Fishing Bait can yield approximately 0.9-0.95% experience. If a player fishes 24/7 with sufficient baits and without disconnection, he can theoretically gain around 21-23% per 24hour period (at a cost of 24k ACash for 24 cans of Fishing Bait Can). Technically, a player can level once every 4-5 days by fishing 24/7.
However, for a low level player, 0.9-0.95% experience gain can be attained in a matter of minutes. Hence, it is not worth the ACash to start fishing at low levels.
Some players may also try fishing to get the 2 special chairs: On An Island chair and Fish Tank chair (Personally, I’ve only managed to get 1x On An Island chair from a total of 15+ hours of fishing so far)
In conclusion, the new fishing system may be suitable for ppl who:
(1) Received the free Kitty Fishing Assistant coupon from Cash Shop (eg During the Thank You Maplers Event 5 on 21 June 2011)
(2) Want to gain exp to lvl but with little time to train (must have tons of ACash to spare, approximately 100k ACash per lvl)
(3) Want to get the 2 special chairs (tradeable)
(4) Want to get the 2 fishing medals (untradeable)
(5) Want the Big Fish Sack (untradeable) to summon the lvl 50 Giant Fish?!?
(6) Want the Scattering Fish Bun (for WA +20 / MA +30 x 15min) ?!?